Have you been considering helping others by earning your degree in Psychology? A degree in Psychology will help you conduct research and counseling with a Biblical perspective. The Bachelor of Arts in Psychology will equip you with a foundational grasp on human behavior and mental processes. Ohio Christian University's Bachelor of Arts in Psychology is focused on preparing the student for graduate school. This program seeks to equip the student with a foundational understanding of human behavior and mental processes.
Ohio Christian University understands and supports your commitments to your family and career. Our program has been designed specifically for working adults. You take one class at a time and textbooks are mailed directly to your home. Achieve your potential and fulfill your dreams! What you know now has gotten you this far. Learn more and go further by attending OCU.
Students who complete the Psychology major should be able to:
- Integrate Christian principles in critical thinking and decision making.
- Demonstrate awareness and improvement of thinking and learning strategies.
- Identify effective interpersonal relationship skills
- Summarize major counseling, developmental, and personality counseling theories.
- Apply psychological theories to life situations.
- CD3000 Ethical and Legal Issues in Counseling
- CD3600 Diagnostic Evaluation and Assessment
- CD4200 Theories and Techniques of Group Counseling
- CM3000 Christian Excellence
- IT1000 Introduction to Computers
- PH3000 Transformed Worldview
- PS2600 Abnormal Psychology
- PS3000 Methods in Counseling
- PS3010 Life Span Psychology
- PS3020 Theories of Personality
- PS3030 Social Psychology
- PS3050 Integrative Seminar Part 1
- PS4010 Learning, Memory and Cognition
- PS4020 Multi-Cultural Perspectives in Counseling
- PS4030 Spiritual Dimensions of Illness and Recovery
- PS4050 Integrative Seminar Part 2
- PS4100 Theories and Techniques of Individual Counseling
- PS3060 Statistics for Social Sciences
- TH4000 Introduction to Theology