Leadership and Ministry
A Bachelor of Arts in Leadership and Ministry will provide you with the best ministry preparation in the Midwest with over 50 years experience in training some of today’s foremost Christian leaders. The Leadership and Ministry major is for the adult student who has felt a calling into ministry. This concentration provides the necessary information for students to effectively lead a church, a ministry within a church, or even a non-profit organization.
Ohio Christian University understands and supports your commitments to your family and career. Our program has been designed specifically for busy adults. You take one class at a time and the textbooks are mailed directly to your home. Achieve your potential and fulfill your dreams! What you know now has gotten you this far. Learn more and go further by attending OCU.
Students who complete the Leadership and Ministry major should be able to:
- Integrate Christian principles in critical thinking and decision making.
- Demonstrate awareness and improvement of thinking and learning strategies.
- Articulate a doctrinal position and its relevance to ministry.
- Lead a local ministry.
- Demonstrate skills in communicating the gospel in a variety of contexts and to various audiences.
- Apply practical ministry skills to meet the pastoral needs of a local congregation (e.g., administer the sacraments, perform rituals, visitation, etc.).
Students within the following categories can obtain a form from their OCU Academic Advisor to apply for the “Internship by PLA” process:
a) five or more years in a paid full time pastoral role with a local church, or
b) ten or more years in staff/associate positions and currently serving in a paid pastoral position with a local church.
This form must be submitted prior to the completion of the student’s first scheduled class.
- CM3000 Christian Excellence
- CM3015 Church Administration
- CM3025 Foundations of Teaching and Preaching
- CM3030 Evangelism and Discipleship II
- CM3050 Internship Part I
- CM3100 Concepts of Leadership
- CM4050 Internship Part II
- CM4200 Sacraments and Rituals in the Evangelical Church
- CM4800 Ministry Capstone
- ET3000 Ethics
- IT1000 Introduction to Computers
- MI3000 Theology of Missions
- NT4020 General Epistles & Revelation
- OT4040 Old Testament Prophets
- PH3000 Transformed Worldview
- PS3000 Methods in Counseling
- TH4000 Introduction to Theology