The Ministry to Children Program is designed to equip students who desire to be involved in the discipleship of children either in a local church or a para-church organization.
Upon completion of the Ministry to Children Program, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate a biblical philosophy of ministry to children including organization, administration, and staff development.
- Develop both relational and methodological skills for effective ministry to children.
- Create curriculum appropriate for the child’s spiritual, physical, social, and mental development.
- Apply concepts of evangelism and family outreach that affirm the child’s role in the family.
General Education Core = 54 hours
Religion Core = 32 hours
An additional Children's Ministry Elective (3 credit hours) is required.
Math, Science or Computer Elective- 2 Hours
Mathematics Elective- 3 Hours
Science Elective- 4 Hours
- CE100 Introduction to Christian Education
- MI100 Introduction to Christian Missions
- SO100 Christian Worldview
- CM202 Evangelism
- CH213 Tests and Measurements for Children
- CH211 Teaching Children in the Church
- CH324 Working With Children
- CH323 Curriculum Theory and Development
- CH314 Child Evangelism
- CH413 Christian Education in the Family
- CH444 Leading a Children’s Ministry in a Local Church
- CH490 Children’s Ministry Internship