A Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies will allow you to customize a degree plan that fits your personal and career goals. Students engage with experienced faculty to develop a broad educational experience with coursework from a variety of academic disciplines.
Students receive individualized academic advising and a broad educational experience with coursework from a variety of academic disciplines. The program includes general education requirements and an area of concentration but not a specific major. The concentration area can be tailored to prepare students for entry into a particular career area. The degree provides maximum flexibility for students who have well-defined career objectives and wish to determine the content of their degree rather than pursue one of the established majors at OCU. The degree serves as a bridge to numerous higher degree programs and prepares students for employment in areas not requiring specific baccalaureate degrees. Students in this major are not eligible to graduate with a double major.
Ohio Christian University understands and supports your commitments to your family and career. Our program has been designed specifically for busy adults. You take one class at a time and the textbooks are mailed directly to your home. Achieve your potential and fulfill your dreams! What you know now has gotten you this far. Learn more and go further by attending OCU.
Upon completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Integrate Christian principles in critical thinking and decision making.
- Demonstrate awareness and improvement of thinking and learning strategies.
- Demonstrate a proficiency in the broad range of academic knowledge and skills required by the various academic disciplines.
- Identify problems and analyze, diagnose, and develop solutions from a broad-based perspective.
- Use the acquired academic knowledge and skills as the foundation for success in future educational and/or vocational plans.
- Explain their individualized program of study and academic training to a prospective employer or an admissions officer of a graduate program.
- General Education Requirements - 36 credits
- Bible or Theology-12 credits
- Concentration-30 credits
Each concentration consists of 15 credits with the same or related academic discipline.
- General electives-42 credits
At least 30 credits must be at the 3000 or higher level.
At least 30 credits must be earned with OCU, including IS3000 Interdisciplinary Studies Foundations 2 and IS4800 Interdisciplinary Studies Capstone 2.
Click here for more information on