Survey Analysis Reveals Strong AGS Student Satisfaction
Ohio Christian University’s College of Adult and Graduate Studies (AGS) has experienced strong rapid enrollment growth in the past several years. In the midst of this growth, AGS has worked very hard to ensure that the leadership, staff, services, processes, and curriculum have been expanded to support these additional students.
At the end of every course, AGS students are asked to provide important information about their satisfaction in factors that relate to student success. For example, by determining how students perceive items such as the value of the course within the program, decisions can be made about the relevancy of curricula or the quality of services. Students provide information on the curriculum, learning experience, program, and instructor
Students are asked to score these questions on a 1 (poor) to 5 (excellent) scale:
- How closely was the course syllabus followed?
- Were the course objectives achieved?
- Did the assignments contribute to learning?
- Value of this course in the program?
- Instructor's knowledge of course material?
- Instructor's class preparation?
- Teacher/Student relationship?
- Level of satisfaction with the course?
- Level of satisfaction with the instructor?
- Level of satisfaction with the program?
- Students provide the following information
- Average weekly hours spent on homework
Students also have an opportunity to comment on these questions:
- What suggestions can you give to improve this course?
- What suggestions can you give to improve the program?
- The most beneficial part of this course was
- The least beneficial part of the course was
- If I could give the instructor one recommendation for future reference it would be
This academic year, AGS analyzed every end-of-course evaluations from the past three years and found three things:
- All items averaged a score of at least 4 out of 5 in student satisfaction.
- Statistical findings show AGS students are similarly satisfied across the various locations and onsite versus online.
- Statistical findings show AGS students have remained very satisfied these past three years in each area.
Since the 2010-2011, AGS has added support for students in a variety of ways:
- Team members: Director of Student Services, Program Directors
- Services: chaplaincy, career services, career services website, academic presentations
- Curriculum: revision of orientation courses, remedial help for writing
- Processes: access to the Learning Management System Edvance360 for all students, intranet system
We have more ideas underway to continue serving students in the future. With many great reasons to choose to attend OCU – convenience, locations, affordability, employability, we’re glad that students are satisfied with their experiences. If you’re ready to continue your education, give us a call at 1-855-OCU-GRAD or visit www.ohiochristian.edu/adult-degree-programs.