This program prepares individuals for careers in the information technology segment of the business industry. It provides an understanding of basic business and IT concepts and principles as they are applied to a variety of organizations.
Upon completion of this program, a student should be able to:
- Integrate Christian principles in critical thinking and decision making.
- Demonstrate awareness and improvement of thinking and learning strategies.
- Exhibit competency in general education subjects.
- Comprehend interpersonal communication skills.
- Correlate information technology functions and skills in practical business situations.
- Students tailor this concentration to their needs, using the information technology courses available through The Computer Workshop, located onsite in Dublin, Ohio or online in synchronous format. Students will take the equivalence of 14 semester credit hours to customize their concentration. Visit http://www.tcworkshop.com/CourseCategories.aspx for details of information technology course offerings and dates. *
- PS2700 Career Advancement (1 credit) 3 Weeks
*Students in this concentration do not take the OCU IT1100 course.
PS2702/PS3702 Career Advancement 1 credit 3 weeks
This course is designed to help students understand how to maximize their career potential. Students will develop an individual program for their short- and long-term career, with application based on students’ areas of emphasis in the major.