Disaster Management and Relief Concentration
A Bachelor of Arts in Business with a concentration in Disaster Management and Relief is designed to develop leadership abilities in management, to be utilized in all types of disaster situations, emphasizing Christ-like service to those in need. Graduates of this program will be trained to serve all stages of human suffering from immediate relief through community rebuilding and redevelopment.
Ohio Christian University understands and supports your commitments to your family and career. Our program has been designed specifically for working adults. You take one class at a time and textbooks are mailed directly to your home. Achieve your potential and fulfill your dreams! What you know now has gotten you this far. Contact us now to find out more.
Upon completion of the Business major and Disaster Management and Relief concentration, students should be able to:
- Integrate Christian principles in critical thinking and decision making.
- Demonstrate awareness and improvement of thinking and learning strategies.
- Apply business concepts in a business environment.
- Analyze a business operation and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Apply key elements of disaster management strategies, theories, and concepts to simulated and practical situations.
- CM3000 Christian Excellence
- IT1000 Introduction to Computers
- PH3000 Transformed Worldview
- CM3100 Concepts of Leadership
- MG4030 Economics and the Manager
- MG4010 Accounting for Managers
- TH4000 Introduction to Theology
- IT3000 Workgroup Technology
- MG3050 Business Law
- MG4000 Financial Management
- ET3000 Ethics
- DM3002 Introduction to Disaster Response and Recovery
- DM4002 Natural and Man-made Disasters
- DM4102 Trauma: Understanding & Intervening
- DM4202 Emergency Work in Conflict Situations
- MG4800 Management Capstone