Healthcare Management Concentration
Healthcare is the largest and one of the fastest-growing industries in the United States. Healthcare organizations need managers with the skills, knowledge, and practical experience necessary to keep pace with industry trends. You can meet this need and excel in a thriving industry with a Bachelor of Arts in Business degree with a concentration in Healthcare Management from Ohio Christian University.
The Healthcare Management concentration develops the managerial skills required to work in today's regulated, complex healthcare field. Graduates will have a solid foundation to meet the challenges of increasing quality while decreasing cost in healthcare delivery. The program prepares graduates for supervisory or middle management positions in hospitals, managed care organizations, community health centers, physical group practices, pharmaceutical companies, and other types of facilities.
Ohio Christian University understands and supports your commitments to your family and career. Our program has been designed specifically for busy adults. You take one class at a time and the textbooks are mailed directly to your home. Achieve your potential and fulfill your dreams! What you know now has gotten you this far. Learn more and go further by attending OCU.
Upon completion of the Business major and Healthcare Management concentration, students should be able to:
- Integrate Christian principles in critical thinking and decision making.
- Demonstrate awareness and improvement of thinking and learning strategies.
- Apply business concepts in a business environment.
- Analyze a business operation and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Apply management principles to healthcare organizations.
- CM3000 Christian Excellence
- CM3100 Concepts of Leadership
- ET3000 Ethics
- HM4000 Healthcare Industry
- HM4010 Legal And Regulatory Issues In Healthcare
- IT1000 Introduction to Computers
- IT3000 Workgroup Technology
- MG3020 Managers in Organizations
- MG3050 Business Law
- MG4000 Financial Management
- MG4010 Accounting for Managers
- MG4030 Economics and the Manager
- MG4040 Human Resources for Managers
- MG4800 Management Capstone
- PH3000 Transformed Worldview
- TH4000 Introduction to Theology