International Association of Emergency Managers Grants OCU Full Chapter Status
Six months ago Ohio Christian University's Disaster Management Program was awarded provisional membership within the International Association of Emergency Managers. As of May 24th 2011, Ohio Christian University has been granted full Chapter status with the IAEM-USA Student Region.
Chapter President, Christy Galvan stated, "Being an official IAEM student chapter places a great deal of attention on the Disaster Management program here at the University and provides our students with valuable resources."
- Access to the largest network of top emergency management experts who can offer solutions, guidance and assistance. Access to multiple geographic regions.
- The IAEM Bulletin & The Responder: Members-only monthly newsletters that are sources for emergency management news and information including federal and legislative news, professional resources and employment opportunities
- Conferences and workshops to enhance networking and inform members about legislative issues. Our Annual Conference and Exhibit offers networking and information on current emergency management issues. Our Mid-Year Workshop is held in the Washington, DC-area and focuses on IAEM committee work and federal legislative issues. Regional conferences give members the chance to exchange information with colleagues closer to home.
- Certification in the only recognized program for emergency managers. The Certified Emergency Manager and Associate Emergency Manager programs can enhance your career and salary, raise and maintain professional standards and certifies achievements of emergency professionals. Member discount when applying for certification.
- IAEM-SC Programs at Annual Conference: Special programs geared for students at annual conferences.
- Professional recognition of individuals through an annual awards program.
- Facebook, YouTube & Twitter make it easy to follow the activities and news of the IAEM-Student Council.
- Alliances with a network of related associations and organizations to further the profession and its members.
- Scholarship Program to further the education of students studying the field of emergency management. The Student Council holds regular fundraisers to support the scholarship program.
Program Director, Thad Hicks added "With the help of the International Association of Emergency Managers, OCU is moving from the peripheries of the field to a more central position where the Disaster Management program at OCU is receiving notice."
The chapter certificate will be awarded during the IAEM-USA Student Region Report at the Higher Education Conference next week.
For more information on the Disaster Program at OCU see the links below.