David H. Garrison, J.D.
David (Dave) H. Garrison has over thirty-eight years of business experience primarily as a senior executive with Fortune 100 companies such as USAA Inc., Halliburton Corporation, Brown & Root Inc., Aetna Inc., GPU Inc., and Jim Walter Homes Inc. (Celotex) where he managed billions in spending and created thousands of jobs. As a result of Dave accomplishments in these national and international companies, he has become known as a national and international business leader. Dave Garrison recently received national attention for his near successful 2012 bid for U.S. Congress (TX-R).
Currently, Dave Garrison is the Chair of the Business & Government Department for Ohio Christian University.
Dave began hosting the “Faith & Liberty” podcasts, a production of the Ohio Christian University Business & Government Department, in January 2013. The Faith & Liberty podcasts interview people with significant accomplishments in the area of Christians engaging the political and civil arena.
In January 2008, Dave retired as the Executive Vice President of Corporate Services for USAA Inc. where had responsibility for many aspects of corporate operations. For seventeen years, while working at Halliburton, several years of which were under former Vice President Dick Cheney who was Halliburton’s CEO. Dave was directly responsible for many of Halliburton’s international operations in more than fifty-six countries with 4500 subordinates. He has been known as a national leader in the area of business operations, corporate turnarounds, negotiations, outsourcing, and has spoken at many events, conferences, and seminars across the nation including the Conference Board and Gettysburg Leadership Encounter.
- Dave, as a 45 year resident of Texas, ran for U.S. Congress in 2012 (TX-R CD25) where he was one of the leading candidates in a field of twelve candidates. Dave received the only A+ rating from Heritage Alliance and the Texas Eagle Forum. Further, Dave received the highest ratings possible from the National Right to Life (NRLC), National Rifle Association (NRA), and many other organizations.
- Dave was named as the “Faculty of the Year” for 2010/2011 for Ohio Christian University.
- Over the last 5 years, Dave has overseen the creation of the faith-based Government & Business Program at Ohio Christian University with some of the following enhancements:
- Created 7 majors including; Business Management, Government & Public Service, Business Administration, International Business, PreLaw with Business Specialization, Prelaw with Government Relations Specialization, Criminal Justice, and Logistics/Supply Chain.
- Established a Department of Business and Government with 2 majors, Government & Public Service and Government Relations with a Pre-law specialization. The purpose of the new department was to provide degrees and forum for students interested in conservative political and economic views.
- Conducted a regular Italy Study Abroad Program in Rome, Italy where students engage in business and government studies across Italy.
- Added a Business Plan competition resulting in nearly $15,000 in prizes in two years.
- Developed a Business Advisory Council and a Small Business Round Table.
- Established a Trading Room with $50,000 beginning cash for the students to invest.
- Dave has written newspaper columns for the Washington Examiner, Gannett News outlets in Chillicothe, Ohio and for the Circleville Herald. His column on the nationalization of student loans, “Camel’s Nose Under the Tent”, received international attention after appearing in the Washington Examiner.
- Dave has been involved in various roles with numerous churches in Texas, Pennsylvania, and Ohio.
- Licensed to practice law in the State of Texas since 1997
- Member of the Texas Bar College 2007 & 2008
- Member of the Republican National Lawyers Association 2009
- Member of the Christian Business Faculty Association 2008
- Member of the National Republican Party
- Member of National Rifle Association and the Texas Rifle Association
- Numerous Republican organizations and clubs in Texas
- Member of the Llano Republican Club
- Four grown children
- Sixteen grandchildren
- Doctor of Jurisprudence: South Texas College of Law - Emphasis in International Law, 1997
- Bachelor of Arts: University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown Pre-Law (Political Science & History double major) 1988
- Also attended: University of Texas at San Antonio, University of Houston, San Antonio College 1970-1980
- Attended Illinois schools until the age of 15 when he moved to San Antonio, Texas where he graduated from San Antonio’s East Central High School in 1969.