Jefferson Lies, the Founding Fathers, and Academic Elites
David Barton, Founder and President of Wallbuilders, America’s historian, political activist, and frequent television commentator, and Dave Garrison, host of the Faith & Liberty Talk Show, and former U.S. Congressional candidate, discuss David Barton’s recent book, Jefferson Lies: Exposing the Myths You’ve Always Believed About Thomas Jefferson and the response of academic elites. Additionally, David and Dave also discuss the biblical principles of government and the founding of this nation along with a host of related topics. David Barton has been called by one major news source as “America’s Historian” and by another one of the top 25 evangelicals in America. David Barton has written many New York Times bestselling books and a regular guest on the Glenn Beck Show and Fox News.
“…Thomas Jefferson and the other Founding Fathers always understood that separation of church and state was to limit the government from interfering from religious expression and not the other way around.”
Links to Items Mentioned in the Show:
- David Barton’s Website – Wallbuilders.com: http://www.wallbuilders.com
- David Barton’s Bio:http://www.wallbuilders.com/ABTbioDB.asp
- Jefferson Lies book website:http://thejeffersonlies.com
- American’s inability to know common facts about the U.S. or pass an immigration exam:
- Xavier University American Dream Study: http://www.xavier.edu/americandream/programs/documents/5CivicTestpowerpointfinalPDF.pdf
- Intercollegiate Studies Institute study on American Civil Literacy comparing average citizens to those who have held public office: Link to the major findings for the study: http://www.americancivicliteracy.org/2008/additional_finding.html
- Pew Forum – How the Faithful Voted:http://www.pewforum.org/Politics-and-Elections/How-the-Faithful-Voted-2012-Preliminary-Exit-Poll-Analysis.aspx
- Faith and Freedom Coalition: Evangelicals Turnout in Record Numbers:http://www.christianpost.com/news/survey-evangelical-voters-for-romney-overshadowed-by-youth-minorities-for-obama-84609/
- State ballot initiatives results for 2012:http://www.iandrinstitute.org/ballotwatch.htm
Bible verses mentioned:
- Luke 6:40
- Jeremiah 17:9
- Exodus 18:21
- Deuteronomy 16:18
- Deuteronomy 1:15&16
- I Timothy 5:8
- II Thessalonians 3:10
- Matthew 20:25
- Luke 19
- II Chronicles 26
- John 8
Federal Practices and Procedures: Volume 30 has about 70 pages how Bible verses shaped the Due Process Clauses
Justinian Code translation: https://uwacadweb.uwyo.edu/blume&justinian/Book%20I2.asp
Code of Hammurabi text: http://www.sacred-texts.com/ane/ham/
David Barton is the Founder and President of WallBuilders, a national pro-family organization that presents America's forgotten history and heroes, with an emphasis on our moral, religious and constitutional heritage.
WallBuilders is a name taken from the Old Testament writings of Nehemiah, who led a grassroots movement to rebuild the walls of Jerusalem and restore its strength and honor. In the same way, WallBuilders seeks to energize the grassroots today to become involved in strengthening their communities, states, and nation.
David is the author of numerous best-selling books, with the subjects being drawn largely from his massive library of tens of thousands of original writings from the Founding Era. He also addresses well over 400 groups each year.
His exhaustive research has rendered him an expert in historical and constitutional issues and he serves as a consultant to state and federal legislators, has participated in several cases at the Supreme Court, was involved in the development of the History/Social Studies standards for states such as Texas and California, and has helped produce history textbooks now used in schools across the nation.
A national news organization has described him as "America's historian," and Time Magazine called him "a hero to millions - including some powerful politicians. In fact, Time Magazine named him as one of America's 25 most influential evangelicals.
David has received numerous national and international awards, including Who's Who in Education, DAR's Medal of Honor, and the George Washington Honor Medal from the Freedoms Foundation at Valley Forge. His work in media has merited several Angel Awards, Telly Awards, and the Dove Foundation Seal of Approval.
David and his wife Cheryl have three grown children, Damaris, Timothy, and Stephen, and they reside in Aledo, TX.