Frequently Asked Questions - Graduate Studies
- What are the admissions requirements for this program?
- Earned bachelor’s degree with a cumulative minimum GPA of 2.5
- Does the MA in Ministry include concentration options?
Yes, students can choose between two concentrations, Practical Theology or Pastoral Care and Counseling.
- How many credit hours are part of this program and how long do students have to complete them?
- The program consists of 32 credit hours (20 core hours, 12 hours in specific track). It is possible to complete the degree in as little as two years, but there is no time limit for completion.
- What is the cost?
Cost per credit hour is available on the website or the AGS Catalog under the heading Tuition and Fees, plus the cost of books for each course.
- Do you offer financial assistance?
- Yes. Financial Aid is available and can be acquired by filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Ohio Christian University’s school code is 003030. Students can also take advantage of a payment plan. Students using the payment plan must have a zero balance in order to register for upcoming courses.
- How do I get my books, and what type of commitment should I expect?
Books are shipped directly to your door from our partner Tree of Life prior to the class start. Syllabi and course materials are available through Edvance360 "e360." The time commitment necessary per week for engagement, reading, and writing activities will depend on the student's academic and professional background.
- Are all the courses offered at Ohio Christian University and how long will it take to finish?
Entire graduate programs are offered at Oho Christian University. Students taking classes full-time can complete these degrees in 19 (MA) or 20 (MBA or MM) months.
- Is this program accredited?
Yes. Ohio Christian University is regionally accredited by the North Central Association (NCA) of The Higher Learning Commission as well as the Association for Biblical Higher Education.
- How can I get started?
Students may start courses before the admissions process is completed but must have all pieces submitted by the end of the third course. Pieces which must be included in the file before being considered for admission are:
- Official transcript from every postsecondary institution attended mailed in sealed envelope.
- Completed and signed application for admission and application fee paid (non-refundable).
- One letter of recommendation (MA in Ministry only)
- Financing secured through a student loan or payment plan.