Recruiter - MA Ministry
Recruit students for the College of Adult and Graduate Studies adult education Master of Arts in Ministry onsite and online programs by generating and following up on leads with the objective of starting cohorts.
- Carry prospective student from point of inquiry to registration.
- Provide prospective students with the highest level of customer service through effective phone, email and face-to-face communication.
- Assist prospective students in making informed decisions by providing ethical, timely, accurate, and comprehensive enrollment options and program information including program format, admission requirements, degree options, costs, and financial aid options.
- Monitor and manage student database, student documents, and associated reports.
- Articulate student Transcript Reviews.
- Assist other program staff with duties and responsibilities as needed, and perform functions for the program that may involve local travel and work outside of normal office hours.
- Conduct group or individual orientations ensuring students understand university policies and services prior to enrollment and make a smooth transition to the classroom.
- Utilize critical thinking and problem solving skills to proactively address and resolve student issues and ensure a positive student experience.
- Assists the student by performing appropriate follow up and coordination with team members. This includes working with employees in a team environment and providing accurate student information and assistance to other team members in and/or outside of their functional area.
- Balance tasks and activities to meet enrollment deadlines.
- Some site coordination duties as needed.
- Plan and implement travel/outreach activities (revivals, information sessions, career fairs, education fairs, chamber events, church events, businesses, colleges/universities) related to generating new students/leads for the College of Adult and Graduate Studies ministry programs
- Increase positive awareness of the university within ministries and non-profit organization communities
- Develops strategies for promoting Master of Arts in Ministry program offerings to congregations, alumni, and individuals
- Seek out high profile events with solid return on investment to display institution
- Meet with internal and external college representatives and area faculty to promote OCU programs
- Undertaking a regular schedule of outreach travel and promotional activities for the College and Adult and Graduate Studies programs with local churches within region
According to Ohio Christian University employment policy all employees must possess a strong Christian commitment and adhere to the standards outlined in the OCU Community Lifestyle Statement.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Excellent communication skills (including telephone and personal)
- Exceptional work ethic and ability to work independently
- Prioritize and manage multiple tasks efficiently
- Must possess a high knowledge of ministry, higher education marketing and sales experience. Customer service or advising experience in an educational environment entailing one on one interaction is highly preferred
- Computer literate in MSOffice and Internet
- Passionate belief in the power of education along with the desire to help adults achieve their academic, professional, and personal goals. Ability to motivate adults to take action.
- Must have an excellent command of professional presentation skills and be comfortable presenting to groups both large and small.
- Must be self-motivated and be able to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Comfortable interacting with high-profile business leaders, pastors, and alumni
- Driver’s license for local and statewide travel
Reports to: AGS Director of Onsite Recruitment and Corporate Relations and the AGS Director of Online Recruitment and Enrollment
Internal Relationships: Enrollment and Marketing, Admissions, Advising, Financial Aid, Registration, etc.
External Relationships: Regularly works with anyone who might be a prospective student or knows someone who might be a prospective student.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
As a religious educational institution operating under the auspices of The Churches of Christ in Christian Union, Ohio Christian University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (42 U.S.C., Sections 2000e-1 and 2000e-2).
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis, unless otherwise contractually bound.
Ohio Christian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.