Recruiter - Nursing Program
Recruit students for the College of Adult and Graduate Studies adult education RN to BSN Bachelor completion nursing program (onsite and online format) by generating and following up on leads with the objective of starting cohorts. The recruiter is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships through recruitment and outreach efforts with area colleges, hospitals and healthcare organizations to create a strong pipeline of Registered Nurses who wish to complete their Bachelor degree at OCU.
- Carry prospective student from point of inquiry to registration
- Follow up with prospective students through effective phone, email and face-to-face communication to meet aggressive enrollment goals
- Track incoming applicant paperwork for each cohort start and oversee SONIS database updates
- Articulate scholarship and financial aid options
- Articulate student Transcript Review
- Facilitate onsite RN-BSN program orientations.
- Make recommendations to marketing team and program personnel for revision and creation of communication materials based on observations while in the field
- Some site coordination duties as needed.
- Plan and implement travel/outreach activities (information sessions, career fairs, education fairs, chamber events, church events, businesses, colleges/universities) related to generating new students/leads for the College of Adult and Graduate Studies RN-BSN program
- Increase positive awareness of the university within the corporate medical and health care community
- Work with local hospitals, long and short-term care facilities, health insurance companies, pharmaceutical organizations (owners, human resources managers, and other significant influencers) to promote awareness of educational opportunities, interest in OCU RN-BSN and health care offerings, support for employee participation, and exposure of OCU programs in their workplace
According to Ohio Christian University employment policy all employees must possess a strong Christian commitment and adhere to the standards outlined in the OCU Community Lifestyle Statement.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Background in nursing with student recruiting experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills (including telephone and personal)
- Exceptional work ethic and ability to work independently
- Prioritize and manage multiple tasks efficiently
- Must possess a high knowledge of the health care field, higher education market, and sales. Customer service or advising experience in an educational environment entailing one on one interaction is highly preferred.
- Computer literate in MSOffice and Internet
- Passionate belief in the power of education along with the desire to help adults achieve their academic, professional, and personal goals. Ability to motivate adults to take action.
- Must have an excellent command of professional presentation skills and be comfortable presenting to groups both large and small.
- Must be self-motivated and be able to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Comfortable interacting with high-profile business leaders, pastors, and alumni
- Driver’s license for local travel
Reports to: AGS Director of Onsite Recruitment and Corporate Relations and the AGS Director of Online Recruitment and Enrollment
Internal Relationships: Enrollment and Marketing, Admissions, Advising, Financial Aid, Registration, etc.
External Relationships: Regularly works with anyone who might be a prospective student or knows someone who might be a prospective student.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
As a religious educational institution operating under the auspices of The Churches of Christ in Christian Union, Ohio Christian University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (42 U.S.C., Sections 2000e-1 and 2000e-2).
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis, unless otherwise contractually bound.
Ohio Christian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.