MB5000 MBA Essentials
Leaders, managers, and professionals enter the Ohio Christian University MBA with a wide variety of academic, work, and life experiences. As the first course for all entering students, MBA Essentials begins the process of capitalizing on the student’s wide variety of experiences and assures the skills and tools necessary to succeed in the remainder of the program. The course is a rigorous overview of accounting, economics, finance, marketing, and operations, while building the student’s self-awareness and skills in communication, team collaboration, leadership, and problem solving.
Upon completion of this course, the student should be able to:
- Examine personal current field experiences in each of the foundational topics (accounting, economics, finance, marketing, and operations).
- Distinguish between effective marketplace leadership styles found in the literature base.
- Examine leadership techniques for problem solving within a team setting.
- Evaluate principles of the foundational topics within real-world examples.
- Apply principles of the foundational topics to practical business applications.