MM5000 Management Essentials
Leaders, managers, and professionals enter the Ohio Christian University MM program with a wide variety of academic, work, and life experiences. As the first course for MM students, Management Essentials begins the process of capitalizing on these differences and assures the skills and tools necessary to succeed in the remainder of the program. The course is a rigorous overview of economics, finance, marketing, management theories, and operations, while building the student’s self-awareness and skills in communication, team collaboration, leadership, and problem solving.
Upon completion of this course, the student should be able to:
- Analyze organizational structures and corresponding motivational techniques.
- Use the elements of the marketing mix to develop a marketing strategy.
- Appraise the actions of a business or organization operating within the global economy.
- Examine how a manager evaluates and monitors a business or organization’s finances.
- Evaluate the basic functions of management within real-world examples.