The Christian Ministries program is designed for students desiring to enter the Christian Ministry. This may include pastoral care, chaplaincy ministries, evangelistic work, or a variety of other types of ministries which involve preaching and teaching the Word of God.
Upon completion of this program, the student should be able to:
- Lead and grow a congregation.
- Connect with community leaders and organizations.
- Develop and preach sermons that address congregational needs, integrate a Christian worldview, and reflect and understanding of contemporary culture.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the Bible, an understanding of Wesleyan doctrine, and competency in using exegetical skills requisite for leading a congregation and life-learning.
- Exhibit personal and spiritual attributes of a servant’s heart, holy living, and sense of calling essential to leading a church and ministering to its people.
- Provide pastoral care to a congregation.
GENERAL EDUCATION - 42 Credits
RELIGION - 31 Credits
In addition to the courses listed below, two (2) hours of Bible Electives are required. These electives should be fulfilled using courses in Bible, such as individual book studies (GB300), Bible seminars (GB400), or courses with NT or OT prefixes.
MAJOR - 45 Credits