Non-Public students will need to be accepted into the Trailblazer Academy Program before applying for this State funding. A step by step process has been provided by the State of Ohio and is below for your convenience. Please note the upcoming deadlines.
Award letters indicating the number of credit hours approved for each student should be received in May. Once students receive their award letter, they will be able to enroll in nonsectarian courses (non-religion courses). A copy of this letter must be sent to the University upon receipt in order for the state to fund course(s).
- Step by Step Instructions (available online at the Ohio Department of Education website)
- Intent to Participate Form (available online at the Ohio Department of Education website)
- Deadline: April 1, 2017
- Funding Application (will soon be available online at the Ohio Department of Education website)
- Deadline: April 15, 2017
To apply to Ohio Christian University’s Trailblazer Academy program:
- Complete the online application
- Submit your transcripts (Home School: please include cumulative GPA and contact information for the parent conducting the education. Templates are available below.)
- Submit ACT/SAT or AccuPlacer test results if available**
Since funding will be limited, students may enroll using both state funding and self-pay options. Significantly reduced tuition is available to our self-pay students at $160 per credit hour and no application fee.
Payment for tuition and fees will be available to the student 2 weeks after the add/drop deadline each semester. For payment options, please visit the Financial Aid website or call 740-420-5944.
As an additional resource, below are three transcript templates which can be downloaded. (Select a template and save to your computer.)
**Ohio Christian University offers the AccuPlacer placement exam to Trailblazer Academy applicants. This test is available on the university campus. The test is used to fulfill acceptance into the Trailblazer Academy Program in place of an ACT or SAT.