Scoonie Penn to Speak at OCU Basketball Camp on July 26th
CIRCLEVILLE, OH - Former Ohio State and Boston College guard Scoonie Penn will be sharing basketball tips and personal insights at the 2012 OCU Basketball Camp. Penn, a two time NCAA All-American, will be attending the camp on Thursday, July 26th at 4:00 PM as a special guest speaker. All registered day campers and overnight campers will have the opportunity to experience this special event and learn from one of the best in the game.
Penn took the Big East by storm in his first two seasons at Boston College, being named Big East Freshman of the Year, 1st Team All-Big East, and MVP of the Big East Tournament. He then transferred to Ohio State following his sophomore season.
At Ohio State, Penn was a two time NCAA All-American while leading the Buckeyes to the 1999 Final Four. Penn was named Big Ten Conference Player of the Year in 1999 in addition to winning the Frances Pomeroy Naismith Award in 2000.
Scoonie Penn - College Awards
- 1995-96 Big East Conference Rookie of the Year, First Team All-Big East Conference
- 1996-97 First Team All-Big East Conference. Big East Tournament Championship MVP
- 1998-99 Big Ten Conference Player of the Year.
- 1998-99 Led Ohio State to the NCAA Final Four.
- 1999-00 Frances Pomeroy Naismith Award as the nation's top senior under 6'0" (1.83 m) tall.
- Selected Third Team All-America and First Team All-Big Ten Conference in both his junior and senior seasons. Ended his career at Ohio State University as the college's all-time leader in three-point field goals made.
Register your child for the camp today by clicking HERE.