The Christian Ministries major is designed for students desiring to enter the Christian Ministry. This may include pastoral care, chaplaincy ministries, evangelistic work, or a variety of other types of ministries which involve preaching and teaching the Word of God.
A variety of concentrations are available as well and are designed for those who desire to concentrate in a particular area of Christian Ministry along with a pastoral studies emphasis.
Upon completion of the various programs in Christian Ministries, the student should:
- Exhibit a competency in knowing God's Word and demonstrate its relevance to problems, needs, and issues of today.
- Show proficiency in communicating the Word of God through sound Biblical preaching.
- Engage in ministry as a pastor or evangelist, or continue studies at the graduate level.
- Meet the educational qualifications to fulfill the office of a pastor or evangelist.
In addition to a primary program of preparation for pastoral ministries, students have the option of choosing among several concentration areas. These areas of concentration are:
- CE100 Introduction to Christian Education
- MI100 Introduction to Christian Missions
- CM301 Preaching I
- CM402 Preaching II
- MU327 Music in the Church
- CM411 The Pastor’s Life and Work
- PS201 Principles of Counseling
- CM412 The Pastor As Administrator
- PS404 Issues in Counseling
- CM323 Growing A Great Commission Church
- CM490 Pastoral Internship