Christian Ministries: Intercultural Ministries
The Intercultural Ministries major is designed for the student who desires to minister cross-culturally. It includes a heavy emphasis on knowledge of the Word of God, along with a variety of missions and sociology courses which will enable the graduate to communicate the Gospel to and within a different culture than his/her own.
Upon completion of the Intercultural Ministries Major the student should:
- Articulate a Wesleyan theology of missions as distilled from the Old and New Testaments.
- Understand the uniqueness of Christianity among the religions of the world and its transforming influence within culture, society and individuals.
- Understand the principles of cross-cultural communication and how these dynamics can affect cross-cultural ministry.
- Experience a significant cross-cultural exchange and exhibit ability to adjust within a culture other than one's own.
- Affirm/Confirm one's role in the task of world evangelism.
Math, Science or Computer Elective- 2 Hours
Mathematics Elective- 3 Hours
Science Elective- 4 Hours
Literature Elective- 3 Hours
- CE100 Introduction to Christian Education
- MI100 Introduction to Christian Missions
- MI212 Biblical and Theological Basis in Missions
- MI421 Trends in Missions
- MI347 Cross-Cultural Communication
- SO211 Cultural Anthropology
- SO313 World Religions
- CM323 Growing A Great Commission Church
- MI390 Summer/Semester Abroad