Business: Sport Management
This Business: Sport Management program is designed to prepare individuals for a career in sport management. It offers an interdisciplinary focus with courses offered in sport management and business, with an emphasis on Christian service in the growing area of sport business. Sport management is the application of business and management knowledge and leadership principles and skills to the daily arena of sport. This program prepares individuals to use athletics and recreation to manage sport in a variety of sport settings. The program culminates with a coaching internship in an athletic program that provides the student with an opportunity to apply the principles of sport management.
Upon completion of the Business: Sport Management program the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the psychological and spiritual aspects of sports.
- Understand the principles for effective management in a variety of sport applications and situations.
- Serve in both sacred and secular contexts.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the legal and ethical dilemmas involved in sports today.
- Participate and take leadership roles in extracurricular activities.
- Demonstrate the appropriate organizational and administrative procedures for sports and recreational activities.
- MG101 Introduction to Business
- MG102 Principles of Marketing
- SM104 Foundations of Exercise, Fitness, and Nutrition
- SM324 Organization and Administration of Sport
- SM312 Sport Psychology and Spiritual Influence
- SM409 Principles of Coaching
- DM101 Red Cross Disaster Certification I
- SM203 Christian Education of Sports
- SM205 Injury Prevention and Care
- AC222 Principles of Finance
- MG215 Principles of Management & Leadership
- EC101 Microeconomics
- EC201 Macroeconomics
- MG421 Business Law II
- SO211 Cultural Anthropology