Ohio Christian University is committed to offering a complete education that develops students intellectually, professionally, and spiritually. OCU offers degree programs for residential undergraduate students, graduate students, and adult and online students.
Additionally, students can participate in OnlinePlus which provides undergraduate classes online with the option of participating in for-credit enrichment experiences on campus or abroad. The Trailblazer Academy allows high school students to complete college classes. All programs are designed to equip students to become leaders in their careers, communities, families, and the world.
OCU was founded in 1948 as Circleville Bible College for the purpose of educating clergy for the Churches of Christ in Christian Union. While remaining true to its founders' vision, Ohio Christian University has expanded its outreach by becoming accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, by being affiliated with the Association for Biblical Higher Education and the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities, and by adding certificate, associate, bachelor, and master's degree programs in multiple disciplines. Choose between all of our campus programs, or programs offered entirely online.
Students enrolled in our residential undergraduate program attend classes and reside on our main campus in Circleville, Ohio.
Explore our main campus at Circleville Ohio by viewing our Virtual Tour Gallery or interacting with our Campus Map. Discover new features and historical tidbits by clicking the map icons that appear as you browse.
1476 Lancaster Pike
Circleville, Ohio 43113
- More than 3,000 students are enrolled, with approximately 500 students in the residential undergraduate program.
- Female/Male Ratio: 63.5% female and 36.5% male
- 94% of First-time, full-time students receive Financial Aid
- Ohio Christian University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission, Teacher Education Accreditation Council, and Ohio Department of Higher Education. It is affiliated with the Association of Biblical Higher Education and Council for Christian Colleges and Universities. (see complete list of recognitions)
- Student/Faculty Ratio 11:1
- Residential Undergraduate Programs
- Adult Degree Programs
- Graduate Programs
- Dual Credit/Ohio College Credit Plus (CCP) for High School Students
At Ohio Christian University, champions are trained for success on and off the field. Our inter-collegiate athletics program is committed to achieving academic and athletic excellence by using the athletic experience as a platform to prepare and develop our student-athletes for lives of living vibrant faith, learning, and servant-leadership in their chosen fields of endeavor. The Trailblazers compete in the River States Conference (RSC) within the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA). The campus community is united together, rallying our Trailblazers to victory.
More than sixty years ago the Council of the Churches of Christ in Christian Union determined to establish a Christian college. After months of preparation, in September 1948, what we now know as Ohio Christian University (OCU) was opened as Circleville Bible College at 469 East Ohio Street in Circleville, Ohio. As the college grew it was becoming increasingly clear that the Ohio Street location would no longer be adequate, so more than forty acres was purchased just three (3) miles east of Circleville on US Route 22.
Ohio Christian University prepares students to serve effectively in the church and society by providing a holistic, Christ-centered, biblically integrated education in the Wesleyan tradition.
- Christ Centered: Our community of interdependent students, faculty, and staff seeks to honor and obey Jesus Christ, who is present in Spirit and speaks in Scripture, and to advance God's purposes in the lives of every member.
- Biblically Based: Our academic and student development programs cultivate a deep and enduring faith that affirms the authority of Scripture and embraces Christ as the authentic center of life.
- Student Oriented: Our undergraduate and adult curriculum integrates faith and learning in a scholarly environment that fosters critical and creative thinking, academic excellence, and professional competence.
- Ministry Motivated: Our emphasis on ministry and missions extends beyond the classroom into real-world experiences that prepare students for a lifetime of service in ministry.
- Leadership Focused: Our students experience and engage the world in ways that prepare leaders to serve and transform their professions, churches, and communities.