Ohio Christian University is
Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Accredited by the Association for Biblical Higher Education.
- Accredited by Teacher Education Accreditation Council.
- Authorized by the Ohio Board of Regents to offer associate, baccalaureate, and masters level education.
- Authorized by the Georgia Nonpublic Postsecondary Education Commission to offer associate, baccalaureate, and masters level education.
- Approved by the United States Office of Education for participation in the federal student financial aid programs.
- Approved by the Ohio Board of Regents to offer teacher education programs
- Approved by the Internal Revenue Service for Social Security benefits for eligible students.
- Approved to train Veterans or eligible persons.
- Recognized by the Churches of Christ in Christian Union, Primitive Methodist Church, Evangelical Church and Evangelical Methodist Church, for ministerial training.
- A member of the Evangelical Training Association.
- A member of the NC-SARA.
- Authorized under Federal law to enroll nonimmigrant students.
Accreditation Visit Post
Ohio Christian University will be hosting a comprehensive accreditation visit by a team of evaluators from the Association for Biblical Higher Education (ABHE) March 14-16, 2016 to determine its compliance with the standards for accreditation. During the visit, representatives of the ABHE team will entertain comments from the public. Any members of the public interested in making a presentation regarding the College to the team should contact the College at the following telephone number (740-477-7729) or email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) to determine a meeting time. Persons wishing to submit third party comments related to the institution may send them to Director, Commission on Accreditation, 5850 T. G. Lee Blvd., Suite #130, Orlando, FL, 32822. Persons interested in reviewing the standards for accreditation will find them on the ABHE website at www.abhe.org. They appear under “about accreditation.” The institution is subject to the “Comprehensive Integrated Standards for Institutional Accreditation.”