Thank you for your interest in attending Ohio Christian University in Circleville, Ohio. Ohio Christian University is a special place where you can discover your purpose, encounter community, and ignite your faith. Please be sure to contact us during this process so we can answer any questions you may have.
How will my Transcripts be accepted?
- High School Transcript: Your file must include an official transcript from your high school. The transcript should be in English and describe the courses of instruction in terms of years spent in school, types of subject matter covered, grades earned in each subject, and interpretation of grading system used. If your transcript is not in U.S. format, your transcript will need to be evaluated. It can be evaluated at www.aice-eval.org or www.wes.org. Make sure to have the transcript sent directly from your High School or from www.wes.org to be considered official.
- College Transcript(s): If you have attended any other college(s), your file must include an official transcript(s) from any college(s) you attended. If you attended a college outside of the U.S., you will need to have your transcript evaluated at www.aice-eval.org or www.wes.org. Click here to learn more about transferring college credits.
What Additional Documentation am I required to supply?
- ACT, CLT or SAT Scores – All applicants are required to submit either ACT, CLT or SAT scores. A score is not required if it has been five or more years since you graduated high school, or if you have 12 or more semester hours that transfer into Ohio Christian University. Even if not required, you may still want to submit a score for additional scholarship eligibility.
- English Proficiency – Students whose native language is not English must prove their English ability by meeting OCU's required score for ONE of the following tests: ACT, SAT, IELTS, or TOEFL
- Copy of Birth Certificate – Take a very clear readable picture to upload. If your Birth certificate is not in English, please provide a translation.
- Copy of Passport – Take a clear readable picture of your current passport to upload.
- Financial Certification form and supporting documentation - Immigration laws in the U.S. require that students show proof of financial ability to pay for their education. Once you are accepted and we have all of the documentation above, we will provide you with a billing estimate to assist you in filling out the form. You will also be required to give supporting documentation of proof of financial ability.
Financial Certification Form
( To be filled out by the student )
International Student Affidavit of Sponsorship Form
( To be filled out by the sponsor )
How do I get a student Visa?
Once you are accepted and your financial documentation has been approved (all the steps above are accomplished), OCU is able to issue you an I-20 Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status. After receiving this I-20 documentation, you will need to pay the SEVIS Fee and make an appointment at a U.S. Embassy in your country to apply for an F-1 Student Visa with the I-20 document.
How do I send in my documentation?
If you haven’t already, fill out an application. This creates a login name and password that you may use to send us your information through your online status portal.
What is the Tuition rate for a full time student?
The 2023-24 tuition rate for full-time students is $11,175 per semester.
Ohio Christian University offers many scholarships to reward students for their hard work in high school. Scholarships are awarded upon acceptance and renewed each year as long as both the required GPA and full-time enrollment are maintained.
Scholarships can include the international scholarship for $3,000 a year and Academic scholarships.
Thanks again for your interest in our university! We look forward to working with you!
Admissions Counselor for Transfer and International Students