As a new transfer student make sure you have done the following to begin the enrollment process:
- Submit your application
- Request your college transcript from the Registrar at your institution
- Request your prior intuitions' Judicial Affairs Office or the Dean of Students follow the instructions posted to return this form: Report of Social Standing
- Submit your ACT, SAT, or CLT (if you have taken less than 12 college credit semester hours scores)
- See if you are eligible for the Ohio Second Chance Grant
- Checkout Transferology.com to see which of your courses are equivalent to OCU
Top Performers on Social Mobility
Scholarships Rewarding Your Hard Work
Ohio Christian University would like to commend and reward you for your hard work. Our scholarships are awarded upon acceptance and renewed each year as long as you maintain the required GPA and full-time enrollment.
The Presidential Scholarship is $8,000 per year and is awarded to students with a 28 ACT or higher or a 3.75-4.0 college GPA. Students must maintain a 3.75 GPA for the Presidential Scholarship to be renewed each year.
The Provost’s Scholarship is $5,000 per year and is awarded to students with a 23-27 ACT or a 3.5-3.74 college GPA. Students must maintain a 3.5 GPA for the Provost’s Scholarship to be renewed each year.
Incoming students who do not submit test scores by taking advantage of Test Optional Policies will be awarded this scholarship if their incoming transcripts show a 3.75-4.0 cumulative GPA. Test Optional Policies formed to assist students during the Covid-19 Pandemic will expire after the Fall 2022 semester. See the Test Optional FAQs for additional information.
The Merit Scholarship is $3,000 per year and is awarded to students with a 20-22 ACT or a 3.25-3.49 college GPA. Students must maintain a 3.25 GPA for the Merit Scholarship to be renewed each year.
Incoming students who do not submit test scores by taking advantage of Test Optional Policies will be awarded this scholarship if their incoming transcripts show a 3.5-3.75 cumulative GPA. Test Optional Policies formed to assist students during the Covid-19 Pandemic will expire after the Fall 2022 semester. See the Test Optional FAQs for additional information.
Students who have an 18-19 ACT score and a 3.5 or higher High School GPA, OR a 3.0-3.24 college GPA, are awarded a minimum of $2,000 per year. Students who have an 18-19 ACT score and a 3.0-3.49 High School GPA, OR a 2.75-2.99 college GPA, are awarded $1,000 per year.
Incoming students who do not submit test scores by taking advantage of Test Optional Policies are still eligible to be awarded this scholarship. $2,000 per year will be awarded to students with a 3.25-3.5 cumulative GPA and $1,000 per year will be awarded to students with a 3.0-3.25 cumulative GPA. Test Optional Policies formed to assist students during the Covid-19 Pandemic will expire after the Fall 2022 semester. See the Test Optional FAQs for additional information.
The Transfer Student Scholarship is $2,000 per year and is awarded to students who are transferring to OCU from another college or university. Students must maintain a 3.0 GPA for the Transfer Student Scholarship to be renewed each year.
For more scholarship opportunities, please visit our Scholarships page.
How can I have my transcripts evaluated?
You can have your transcripts reviewed unofficially in one of two ways.
- Send an unofficial copy of your transcripts and discuss one on one with our transfer counselor about your credits and courses and how they transfer. You can email transcripts to the transfer counselor found here.
- Simply enter your courses for free at Transferology.com to find equivalent courses. Matches are ranked by awarded credit, so you can eliminate the guesswork and maximize your transfer potential.
Send us your official transcripts once you have finished your current college courses and get an official review of your courses and a game plan for the next few years before graduation.
After you have submitted your application to Ohio Christian University, please have all transcripts sent one of three ways:
Have your school FAX official transcripts to: 740-420-5921
Have your school send official transcripts electronically - please reach out to your current College/University to see how to do this.
Have your school send official transcripts through the mail to our main campus at: Ohio Christian University
ATTN: Traditional Admissions 1476
Circleville, Ohio 43113
Because we work hard to get you the most credit to transfer into your desired program through your Department Chair, it can sometimes take anywhere from five to ten business days to determine your transfer evaluation.
*Military credits may also be accepted. For more information for Military students, click here.
We look forward to working with you!
How will my courses be transferred?
It is our policy to transfer as many of your credits to your selected degree program as possible. Here are a few things we look for when evaluating your transcripts:
- The transcript must be an official transcript sent directly from your institution.
- Courses earned at accredited colleges in which at least a C- grade or its equivalent has been earned are eligible for transfer.
- Credits earned at a non-accredited college with a grade of C- or above may be accepted for provisional transfer credit. After a student has completed 30 semester hours at Ohio Christian University with a GPA of 2.0 or higher these courses are officially accepted as credit toward the student’s program.
- OCU recognizes accreditation from ABHE and regional accreditation bodies.
- Up to 95 semester hours from accredited four-year colleges, up to 64 semester hours from junior or community colleges, and up to 60 semester hours from non-accredited colleges can be transferred.
For more information on our transfer policy, please see page 13 of our Academic Catalog
Admissions Counselor for Transfer Students
As your transfer counselor, I'm here to support and encourage you through every part of the admissions process, from visiting campus, to looking at transfer credits, to finding scholarships. As an OCU graduate, I have gone through this process myself and had to work through the same questions, so I'd love to help. Feel free to contact me any time about transferring to Ohio Christian University.
Get a Free Quote and Find Out Which Credits Will Transfer
We value your privacy