David H. Garrison, J.D.
David (Dave) H. Garrison, former Republican candidate for U.S. Congress (R-TX), has over thirty-eight years of business experience primarily as a senior executive with Fortune 100 companies such as USAA Inc., Halliburton Corporation, Brown & Root Inc., Aetna Inc., GPU Inc., and Jim Walter Homes Inc. (Celotex) where he managed billions in spending and created thousands of jobs. As a result of Dave accomplishments in these national and international companies, he has become known as a national and international business leader. Dave Garrison recently received national attention for his near successful 2012 bid for U.S. Congress (TX-R).
Dave Garrison is the Dean of the School of Business & Government®, at Ohio Christian University, which is one of the nation’s fastest growing faith-based universities with growth in the last six years from 400 to nearly 4000 students in 2014.
Dave is the founder, producer, and host for The Faith & Liberty Talk Show®, a production of Dave Garrison and the Ohio Christian University School of Business & Government®. The Faith & Liberty Talk Show® premiered on January 18, 2013 as a podcast on iTunes and has since grown to radio stations across Ohio, Texas, Georgia, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, Indiana, Oklahoma, and numerous Internet radio outlets. During The Faith & Liberty Talk Show®, Dave interviews many different nationally known authorities who have had significant accomplishments in politics, literature, business, economics, religion, and many other areas relevant to Christians engaging the political and civil arena.
In January 2008, Dave retired as the Executive Vice President of Corporate Services for USAA Inc. where he had responsibility for many aspects of corporate operations and more than $5.6 billion in financials. For seventeen years, while working at Halliburton, several years of which were under former Vice President Dick Cheney who was Halliburton’s CEO. Dave was directly responsible for many of Halliburton’s international operations in more than fifty-six countries with 4500 subordinates. He has been known as a national leader in the area of business operations, corporate turnarounds, negotiations, outsourcing, and has spoken at many events, conferences, and seminars across the nation including the Conference Board and Gettysburg Leadership Encounter.
- Dave, is a 45 year resident of Texas, ran for U.S. Congress in 2012 (TX-R CD25) where he was one of the leading candidates in a field of twelve candidates. Dave received the only A+ rating from Heritage Alliance and the Texas Eagle Forum. Further, Dave received the highest ratings possible from the National Right to Life (NRLC), National Rifle Association (NRA), and many other organizations.
- Dave was named as the “Faculty of the Year” for 2010/2011 for Ohio Christian University.
- Over the last 6 years, Dave has overseen the creation of the faith-based School of Business & Government® at Ohio Christian University, which has grown ten-fold during his time at the university.
- Dave has written newspaper columns for the Washington Examiner, Gannett News outlets in Chillicothe, Ohio, and for the Circleville Herald. His column on the nationalization of student loans, “Camel’s Nose Under the Tent”, received international attention after appearing in the Washington Examiner.
- Dave has been involved in various roles with numerous churches in Texas, Pennsylvania, and Ohio.
- Doctor of Jurisprudence: South Texas College of Law - Emphasis in International Law, 1997
- Bachelor of Arts: University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown Pre-Law (Political Science & History double major) 1988
- Also attended: University of Texas at San Antonio, University of Houston, San Antonio College 1970-1980
- Attended Illinois schools until the age of 15 when he moved to San Antonio, Texas where he graduated from San Antonio’s East Central High School in 1969.
Four grown children
- J.D. Emphasis in International Law, South Texas College of Law
- B.A. Political Science & History, University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown