Teacher Education Faculty
Ohio Christian University is seeking a full-time faculty to teach in its Teacher Education program. Ohio Christian University, a Christ-centered university in the Wesleyan tradition located in Circleville (near Columbus), is one of the fastest growing non-profit universities in Ohio. The successful candidate must have a doctorate, at least 3 years experience in the elementary classroom, and is totally committed to the constructivist philosophy of education. Ohio Christian University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and Teacher Education Accreditation Council.
Search begins immediately and continues until the position is filled.
Minimum requirements are:
- Doctorate required.
- Strong evangelical Christian commitment.
- Be thoroughly grounded in the constructivist philosophy of education, both theory and practice.
- Be totally committed to the constructivist philosophy of education.
- Have studied developmentally appropriate education theory and practice extensively, including the work of Piaget, Vygotsky, Bruner, Elkind, Clay, Frank Smith, Fountas and Pinnell, Marilyn Burns, among others.
- Have a minimum of three years experience in the elementary classroom, including both early childhood (PreK-3) and Middle Childhood (grades 4 thru 8).
- Have extensive experience teaching reading and writing in a balanced literacy program which included both early childhood and middle childhood.