The Bachelor of Arts in English provides students a foundation in British and American literature and allows students to pursue individual interests by choosing electives from a range of literature, language, and composition courses. Through exposure to diverse texts and extensive composition activity, students will gain the intellectual capacity and practical skills they need to attend graduate school or pursue a wide range of careers..
Upon graduating from the program, students should be able to:
100% Online courses in a 5-week as-you-go flexible format for busy adults featuring forum discussions and weekly assignment deadlines. Serves both undergraduate and graduate students.
Explore the full enrichment of the traditional collegiate experience and make new friends on our lively campus in Circleville Ohio. Serves 17-24 year-old undergraduate students.
24 hours within the major must be at the 3000 level or above. English and Literature courses taken to meet General Education requirements do not count toward major requirements.
Introductory literature elective3
American literature surveys6
British literature surveys6
Language and literature electives15
Capstone course or undergraduate thesis3
In addition to the courses listed on this page, graduates must meet the requirements listed here, including:
- A General Education Core
- Associate degrees – 36 credit hours
- Bachelor’s degrees – 45 credit hours
- Minimum credit hours
- Associate degrees – 60 credit hours
- Bachelor’s degrees – 120 credit hours
- Some majors require more credit hours than the listed minimums.
- Students choose elective courses to complete credit hour requirements.
- Electives may apply toward a minor, certificate, associate degree, or second major.
- Sometimes a course required in a student’s major can also fulfill a requirement in the GenEd core. (See notes on the individual major pages.)
Find complete information in the OCU Academic Catalog.
Contact the University Registrar's Office if you have graduation questions: 1 (740) 477-7780 or firstname.lastname@example.org