Welcome, and thank you so much for considering a degree in Teacher Education from Ohio Christian University. The goal of Ohio Christian University's Teacher Education Program is to graduate competent, caring and qualified teachers. It is designed to prepare teachers with a constructivist philosophy of education and a Christian world view, integrating general, professional and Biblical knowledge.
- Demonstrate a strong Christian world view.
- Demonstrate appropriate professional characteristics as well as being life-long learners by setting professional goals and continually reflecting on and evaluating their teaching.
- Demonstrate a broad base knowledge in general core education subjects and extensive knowledge in their curricular area.
- Value a holistic approach in dealing with learners by engaging in a wide range of teaching techniques and assessment practices, promoting learners' construction of understanding and higher order thinking.
- Develop relevant learning for pupils of varied educational, cultural, economic, and language backgrounds.
- Demonstrate the ability to use technology for their own learning and integrate available technology in their teaching to enhance student learning.
Upon completion of the program and the satisfaction of all program requirements, students will be recommended to the Ohio Department of Education for initial licensure.
For specific information about this program, contact Dr. Valerie Wilson, chair of the Teacher Education Department. If you are interested in studying this program, request information from our admissions office.
Dr. Valerie Wilson
Teacher Education Department Chair
Professor of Teacher Education