Residential Undergraduate Program
The following information depicts the amount of tuition refund that a student may be eligible for when withdrawing from one or more classes during a given semester.
- First Calendar Week 100%
- Second Calendar Week 75%
- Third Calendar Week 50%
- Fourth Calendar Week 25%
If a student withdraws after the fourth calendar week, he or she is not eligible for a refund.
Adult and Graduate Studies Program
Withdrawals from Individual Courses
- Students who do not attend any sessions of a course for which they have registered should contact their Academic Advisor to be withdrawn from the course, and their account will be credited for the tuition and be charged a drop fee.
- If a student does not attend/participate any week of a class they will be credited one hundred percent of their tuition.
- If a student attends/participates the first week of the class they will be credited eighty percent of their tuition.
- If a student does not participate the first week, but attends/participates the second week, they are no longer eligible to be credited for any tuition.
- If a student withdraws after the second week of the course, they are no longer eligible to be credited for any tuition.
If a student has already received textbooks for the courses, it is recommended the books be returned immediately for credit. Many courses change books or update editions without notice.
Out of State Exceptions
Ohio Christian students are subject to the institutional withdrawal policy as stated in the OCU Catalog. Students who matriculate in another state, such as OCU campuses or online from their state of residence, may be governed by refund policies mandated by the particular state in question. Here is a list of those state-specific refund policies: