Our Mission & Vision
Preparing world-impacting Christian servant leaders.
Ohio Christian University prepares students to serve effectively in the church and society by providing a holistic, Christ-centered, biblically integrated education in the Wesleyan tradition.
Upon graduation from Ohio Christian University the student should:
- Articulate a Christian worldview supported by a working knowledge of contrasting philosophies and religions.
- Confirm an understanding of a saving and sanctifying knowledge of God through Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- Affirm the Bible as the only infallible guide for Christian faith and practice.
- Demonstrate God's love for humanity through a selfless life that seeks to reconcile the world to Christ.
- Demonstrate academic scholarship that creates a foundation for lifelong intellectual and professional development.
- Apply Bible-based moral values in their daily life.
- Practice a range of leadership skills and abilities.
Our Core Values
Our community of interdependent students, faculty, and staff seeks to honor and obey Jesus Christ, who is present in Spirit and speaks in Scripture, and to advance God’s purposes in the lives of every member.
Our academic and student development programs cultivate a deep and enduring faith that affirms the authority of Scripture and embraces Christ as the authentic center of life.
Our undergraduate and adult curriculum integrates faith and learning in a scholarly environment that fosters critical and creative thinking, academic excellence, and professional competence.
Our emphasis on ministry and missions extends beyond the classroom into real-world experiences that prepare students for a lifetime of service in ministry.
Our students experience and engage the world in ways that prepare leaders to serve and transform their professions, churches, and communities.
We seek to provide an excellent academic environment for the acquisition of both knowledge and wisdom.